Friday, January 10, 2014

Re-branding

Re-branding, what a scary thought!  This has been something I have struggled with for years. 
When I first started my studio I knew I didn't want to use my name, mainly because, well Debbie is kind of a boring name and I worried most people wouldn't remember how to spell my last name.  I don't know why my Mom and Dad couldn't have given me a unique name. lol
Well anyway that is why I chose Cherished Moments Photography.  As my business has grown with a large part being high school seniors, I have felt that name is just not very fitting.  I always wondered if the guys I photograph were ever embarrassed to tell there friends they went to "Cherished Moments Photography" for their senior pictures.  To me it screams child photographer.  So that is why I felt I needed to rebrand my senior division.  After discussing this with a photographer friend of mine, she suggested that I could name my senior division Studio C and still keep my Cherished Moments Photography for my children and families.  I liked that idea, because being in business for 13 years, Cherished Moments Photography is a pretty well known name in the area.  I didn't want to just get rid of it, for fear no one would be able to find me. 

So this is the start of my rebranding.  I have a long way to go but am very excited for the upcoming changes.

Now to get working on my senior website.  yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment